Dear Congregational Family,
1. New Year’s Eve is today (Tuesday)! We will be closing out 2019 and welcoming in 2020 together as a church family. We will be having a service in the sanctuary at 5:00pm with music lead by our worship team. Following the service, a lasagna dinner will be served in the Fellowship Hall. Games, movies, and fellowship will be ongoing throughout the night with a closing prayer at the altar rail at midnight.
*Even if you did not RSVP, please still come (and bring a friend)!
Brandon has told me that they are making a large quantity of extra lasagna!!
2. The Bible in 2020: This new year has been designated as “The Year of the Bible.” We are going to be reading through the Bible as a congregation this year. You can use a variety of methods to do so:
- YouVersion Bible app on your tablet or smart phone. This includes some incredible extra features. Sign up by emailing Don Roose (one of our church elders) at DonRoose@ruthfred.org.
Go online to our Ruthfred Church website and check out the daily reading schedule.
Check out the daily reading schedule as printed in the Herald.
Check out the weekly bulletin reading schedule.
This Wednesday is Jan. 1st. Our reading starts at the beginning! Genesis 1.
3. Christmas Eve in review: Our Christmas Eve Candlelight Services (and Christmas Day) were absolutely wonderful! The sanctuary was beautiful, and the services were filled with incredible music, Scripture readings and the proclamation of the Christmas Gospel! I was so delighted to see so many of you who invited family and friends to come with you! This was a great opportunity to share Jesus with others, and to invite them to become “Children of Christmas!” (see a couple pictures below)
4. Youth: Praise God for our youth (and the adults in their lives)! They have loved gathering together this Christmas season. (see a picture below of one of their Christmas parties.) Also, check out our Ruthfred Facebook page for additional pictures!
5. Sermon text: For this Sunday the text is Isaiah 55:8-11. The title is “God’s Words of Resolution.” The focus will be on the Word of God, as we begin reading through the Bible this year.
God bless you as we continue,
“Growing Together in our Faith as the Family of God”