Dear Congregational Family,
1. Sunday Worship Services: Our services have been going very well! We are so thankful for our Re-entry team (and entire council and others!) and all the planning, preparation, and service that they have done each week to make this possible. I am pleased with the spirit of our congregation in moving forward on this in a safe, secure and sensitive way. We are indeed in this together, although we are in different individual places in regards to comfort level and ability. I am so thankful for our livestreaming which will continue as it provides another excellent option for many, and also extends our ministry.
Many have asked about resuming Sunday School. This is being looked into right now. It is probable that an adult class will resume next month, but that the children’s classes will wait until fall. Our church building is currently available to circle groups, small groups and others to meet during the week. Please schedule your time and room usage with Paula.
2. Spiritual Wrestling: “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” – Ephesians 6:12,13
3. Men’s Cookout: This Thursday, our men’s group is having a cookout at church at 6:00pm. Even if you have never come before, this is excellent time to come (and bring a friend) and enjoy some wonderful fellowship! Contact Pete Huwe for more information.
4. VBS: We are excited about Vacation Bible School for this year! It will be livestreamed each day during our regular week of July 27-31. You will soon be receiving a post card about it. Please invite others to take part in this as well.
5. Ordination and Installation: Pastor McMinn will be taking his ordination vows and also being installed here at Ruthfred on June 28th at a special service at 2:00pm. Very few congregations get the privilege of participating in a service like this, so this is an extraordinary opportunity for us. Rev. Lyndon Korhonen, our national denominational president will be bringing the message and presiding over the ordination and installation. Please plan now to be part of this special day for Pastor McMinn, his family, and our entire church family. A following luncheon is also being planned.
6. Church Camping Trip: June 26-28th will be the weekend of our church camping trip at Moraine State Park in Portersville, PA. You can register online at www.ruthfred.org or contact David Compel or Brandon Fouks.
7. College Graduates: Please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you or someone in your family has graduated from college. We would like to print students’ names and school in the bulletin and in the Herald to honor them.
8. Sermon: Title: “Fathers’ Day the Father’s Way”
Text: Matthew 10: 5A, 21-33
God bless you as we continue,
“Growing Together in our Faith as the Family of God”
Dear Congregational Family,