Dear Congregational Family,
1. Trinity Sunday: Last Sunday was Trinity Sunday and also Holy Communion Sunday (and First Holy Communion Sunday for our Confirmands). It was such a joyous delight for all who were able to return to the sanctuary. About 260 people came together between the three services. The Re-entry Team, Altar Guild, Deacons, and entire council worked hard to make sure everything went forward safely, securely, and in a sensitive manner. Praise God, this was accomplished!
2. Return from Exile: As I reflect on the “Return from Exile” of God’s people in the ancient day after 70 years of exile in Babylon, I find it interesting to note that there were several “returns” as not everyone came back at the same time. In fact, the “returns” stretched out over 100 years! It is also sobering to note that the vast majority elected to stay in Babylon, and never went back to Jerusalem. I’m glad that our congregation desires to return! And yes, the “returns” will stretch over a period of time.
3. Pastor Bryce McMinn: It has been so wonderful to have Pastor Bryce and Erin and their family here with us at Ruthfred! Pastor McMinn has started his position this week, and has jumped right into his new role! I am so delighted with his partnership in ministry!
4. Ordination and Installation: Pastor McMinn will be taking his ordination vows and also being installed here at Ruthfred on June 28th at a special service at 2:00pm. Very few congregations get the privilege of participating in a service like this, so this is an extraordinary opportunity for us. Rev. Lyndon Korhonen, our national denominational president will be bringing the message and presiding over the ordination and installation. Please plan now to be part of this special day for Pastor McMinn, his family, and our entire church family. A luncheon to follow is also being planned.
5. Church Camping Trip: June 26-28th will be the weekend of our church camping trip at Moraine State Park in Portersville, PA. You can register online at www.ruthfred.org or contact David Compel or Brandon Fouks.
6. TNT Summer Kick-off: Sunday evening was an incredible time for our youth for the summer kick-off! Brandon, and the youth committee have put together an awesome summer for our youth. Please encourage your youth to come and to invite their friends as well. (See a picture of the giant “slip-n-slide” below, and more on our Ruthfred website)
7. Graduates: High School & College: Please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you or someone in your family has graduated from high school or college. We would like to print students’ names and school in the bulletin and in the Herald to honor them.
8. Sermon: Title: “O God, our eyes are upon You.”
Text: II Chronicles 20
God bless you as we continue,
“Growing Together in our Faith as the Family of God”
Dear Congregational Family,