Dear Congregational Family,
1. Sunday School: Last Sunday was a wonderful beginning to our Fall Sunday School! Let me continue to encourage you to be part of Sunday School. Young and old, this is a great resource for you to grow in your faith! It provides an opportunity for discussion and fellowship as well as further spiritual training. I especially see the difference in youth entering confirmation, between those who have faithfully attended Sunday School and those who have not. Don’t miss out!!
2. Adult Sunday School: For the adult class, we are going to be starting a series on “The Life of the Christian Congregation” as we go through the short book of I Thessalonians. This was one of the earliest written letters by the Apostle Paul which is included in the New Testament. It is a very simple book, coming straight from the heart of Paul to this brand new church which he dearly loved. At present both the Upper Room class and the Main Adult class are meeting together in the Adult Large Classroom.
3. Teacher Consecration: This Sunday we will be consecrating all teachers and helpers, for Sunday School, JTTW, Preschool, Kids’ Time, etc. at both of the morning services.
4. Contemporary Liturgical Service: This service will be Saturday at 6:00 p.m.
5. Thirteenth Anniversary: Today is the 13th anniversary of my installation here at Ruthfred. Normally I don’t pause on this anniversary, and it slips by without notice, but I want to take this opportunity to say what a blessing and joy it has been to be your pastor! I continue to pray that God enables me to be the best pastor I can be for our congregation. I have certainly learned a good deal through my ministry experience here, but I know that I have a great deal more to learn! Thank you for your graciousness to me, support of my family, and partnership in ministry together! God bless you!
6. Sermon: Title: “God’s Salvation Power!”
Text: I Timothy 1:12-17; 2:1-8
God bless you as we continue,
“Growing Together in our Faith as the Family of God.”